The Estey, Munroe & Fahey Funeral Homes are family owned and operated. We have proudly been serving families since 1934. Located in Historic Downtown Owego and Candor. One of the largest funeral homes in Tioga County, we are conveniently located within a short driving distance from any place in Tioga, Broome, Tompkins and Bradford Counties. We are committed to providing the quality service, facilities and merchandise all families want, appreciate and can afford.
The Estey, Munroe & Fahey Funeral Home was founded in 1934 by Charles Estey & Francis Munroe. The funeral home operated under the name of Estey & Co. until Francis Munroe received his funeral directors certification. At that time the business name was changed to Estey & Munroe Funeral Home. In 1934, the funeral home started business operation at 153 Main Street in Owego. In 1953, they purchased our current location, 15 Park Street, Owego from Fred Evens. The Estey & Munroe Funeral Home has functioned in the building since that time. In 1969, Harold Abrams purchased the business and property from Charles Estey. Over the years, Harold has completely renovated the exterior and interior of the home, built a beautiful chapel, and purchased additional property that provides additional parking. In 2000, Shawn Fahey purchased the business from Harold Abrams. In 2005, Shawn Fahey purchased the Candor Funeral Parlour, 137 Main Street, Candor from Philip Jordan. With the purchase of the second location, he decided to rename both locations, Estey, Munroe & Fahey Funeral Home.
We currently have 3 Licensed Funeral Directors on staff to assist our families with all their needs.